Thursday, November 08, 2007

Game #1: Princeton (WNIT)

And now it begins for real. Unlike last year, where we started the season on a six-game winning streak, this year we start fresh at 0 with Princeton hoping to be our first victim. To be honest, I have never seen Princeton play basketball and with a new coach I doubt there would be anything to go off of. I know Bill Cowher's daughter plays for them and I am hoping "The Chin" makes an appearance at the game.

For games this year I am going to keep a "checklist" on things we need to do well in order win. Feel free to add some if I missed any

1. Marissa, Kristi and Crystal combined for at least 50 points
2. Crystal at least 20-30 touches per game on the offensive end
3. Crystal takes at least 10-15 shots per game
4. Fewer than 15 turnovers per game
5. Shoot 70% from the free throw line
6. Outrebound opponents
7. Kristi to have more shots made than turnovers
8. Laura to take 5-10 shots per game.
9. 5-10 steals per game
10. Fewer than 5 missed lay ups per game.
11. At least 10 drives to the basket by the guards.
12. Getting opposing team in foul trouble.

Obviously the more we accomplish the better chance at winning, but I think at least 9 check marks should result in victory every night.

The game is on WMUC and ACC Select for those that can't be at the Comcast Center. By the way, was it me or was there no promotion for the women's game last night at the men's snoozefest?

0 comments: