Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Wednesday Words

  • I would just like to point out that only one team scored more than 87 points in the Elite 8 and that just happened to be Stanford.

  • Crystal and Kristi were named second team AP All-Americans yesterday, while it seems Marissa was an honorable mention selection. It marks the first time since 1989 that we have had two players named AA in the same season.

  • My favorite Benedict Arnold - Jeff Walz earned the Maggie Dixon Rookie Coach of the Year Award from the WBCA. I am sure Natty06 felt that Daron Park should have received the award.

  • The Baltimore Sun gives an update on Dee Liles

  • Some articles on the day after:
    Sports Illustrated
    Baltimore Sun
    Diamondback

  • As we head into the off season there are some questions that need to be asked:
    Did lack of playing time for the young players make them think about heading elsewhere?
    Will Coach Park's stint as acting head coach make him want to pursue his own head gig?
    What kind of team will we have next year?
    Will we land several top 10 recruits to go along with Dara Taylor so that we reload in 2010 instead of rebuild?

  • Lastly, thanks to all my loyal readers who visit this site almost daily. I probably don't have the readership of the basketcases but I hope you enjoy the site and continue to visit in the offseason as we now have to track the pro careers of Shay, Crystal and Laura. For those senior parents who read this board, I hope you continue to visit even if your daughter is no longer on the team. I know I expect a lot out of the team, but I wouldn't be a fan if I didn't.

  • 2 comments:

    Unknown said...

    Joey - I visit both you and the basketcasers every day. I truly enjoy your insights and analysis, as well as your retreiving for us all the articles from around the country. I sometimes wish the coaching staff would pay attention to your observations.

    Thanks for all of your efforts. Hope to meet you at a Rebounders event someday.

    Steve Kornblatt

    BasketCases said...

    Hey Joey,

    The BasketCases are among your regular readers and we appreciate all you do!

    Thanks!

    Go Terps!

    Judith and Eileen